Community of Collaboration
MTAC works within the community providing prevention education aimed at reducing underage drinking and youth substance misuse. Our programs and outreach engage our community so together we can prevent further substance misuse and fatalities in the Massapequas.
- Drug Take Back Events are scheduled throughout the year to promote our “Secure, Monitor, Dispose” message and provide a safe and supervised central location for community members to dispose of unused or expired medication. Learn more. >>
- Active Parenting Classes, made possible through our DFC grant, provide parents, residents and youth with valuable and up-to-date information on critical topics including cyberbullying and bullying prevention, as well as the warning signs of substance misuse and how to get help. Learn more. >>
- TIPS Training for Businesses, made possible through our DFC grant, offers Massapequa businesses that serve alcohol skills-based training designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking. Learn more. >>
- Red Watch Band is implemented at Massapequa High School (MHS) and Ames Campus to reduce the harm of binge drinking and create a dialogue with youth to change the binge drinking culture among teens. Click here for recent news.
- Too Good for Drugs is an evidence-based curriculum administered by MHS social workers in the Alternative High School. In partnership with YES Community Counseling Center, it is also implemented in all Massapequa elementary schools. It focuses on building a healthy foundation for a drug-free and violence-free life. Click here to learn more.
- A Mandatory Prom Parent Meeting is required for parents of students attending MHS prom. Discussion focuses on parental responsibilities to deter underage drinking under the Nassau County Social Host Law. Click here for our Prom Brochure.
- Community Outreach includes working with youth, adults, seniors and residents to increase awareness and educate our community about substance misuse. Click here for our MTAC Senior Outreach Card.
Follow us on Social Media!
Active Parenting Class Series for Parents of Teens
Free TIPS Training for Massapequas' Businesses Serving or Selling Alcohol
Working Together to Prevent Substance Misuse & Promote Healthy Families